10 Money Saving Questions to Answer Before You Start Your Next Landscaping ProjectMar 30, 2016 | By: KM Landscaping
1. Needs - These should be addressed first. Do you have water problems, too much sun or need space for a patio?
2. Budget - This is a big one. We are not trying to squeeze every penny out of you. Knowing your budget helps both parties along the process and allows us to meet your expectations. We are only interested in getting you the most landscaping for your budget.
3. Wants - After the needs are addressed, maybe it still works in the budget for a fire pit or new grilling area. Maybe the kids need a play area?
4. Timeline/Deadline - Are you wanting your project done by graduation or football season? Are you planning a vacation during the year, if so and the plants are new, who will water during your absence?
5. Lifestyle - How much time do you have to spend in the landscape? Do you like to host parties? How many people usually attend? When are you outside the most; weekends, evenings, fall?
6. Duration of Residency - Do you plan on living at your current home for a long period of time, or are you simply wanting to spruce up the front to add curb appeal? This should help guide your investment. Landscaping adds tremendous value and functionality to your home, consider it as an investment rather then an expense.
7. Likes/Dislikes - Any plant material you dislike, or love? Hate the look of rock, or yellow flowers? Be sure to let your designer know all of these things.
8. Investment, Long Term - Think about how much this will cost to maintain every year. Your designer can shed light on this but it is not a one-time investment. There is no such thing as a "no maintenance" landscape. A landscape is a living, breathing thing and requires care/upkeep.
9. Due Diligence - Research the company before calling. Are they reputable, BBB accredited, insured?
10. Theme - Contemporary? Natural? Rock? Mulch? Child Friendly?